Dr. Mehmet Bedii Kaya is assistant professor of law whose research and practice interests are primarily in the areas of IT law and administrative law.
Academic Research Interest
Information and Communication Technology Law
Extensive research on Internet law, Internet content policy and regulations, intermediary liability, cyber security, and data protection in the context of Turkish law and European Union law.
Regulation of administrative law in the context of Turkish law and European Union law.
Research / Expertise
– Internet Law
– Electronic Commerce Law
– Cybercrime Law
– Digital Forensics
– Data Protection Law
– Telecommunications Law
– Administrative Law
– Public Procurement Law
Dr. Mehmet Bedii Kaya has written various publications addressing IT law and administrative law. You can find herebelow some selected publications:
- Kaya MB, “The regulation of Internet intermediaries under Turkish law: Is there a delicate balance between rights and obligations?” (2016) 32 Computer Law & Security Review: The International Journal of Technology Law and Practice 759, doi: 10.1016/j.clsr.2016.05.005 »
- Keser L & Kaya MB “NoC Internet Governance Case Studies Series: Turkish Internet Improvement Board” (2014) The Global Network of Internet and Society Research Centers (NoC). »
- Legal and Economic Analysis of Data Protection in Turkey (İstanbul: Istanbul Bilgi University IT Law Institute & TEPAV, 2014).
- Kaya MB “The Legitimacy of Preferential Procurement and International Competition under the Turkish Public Procurement Law” (2012) 5 Law and Justice Review 121. »
- Teknik ve Hukuki Boyutlarıyla İnternete Erişimin Engellenmesi (İstanbul: On İki Levha Yayıncılık, 2010).
Contact details and social media links: